The best way to contact me is by email: Edmund.email@example.com
PREPARING FOR THE PART A EXAMINATION OF THE FACULTY OF PUBLIC HEALTH (MFPH)
I run a revision course for the Part A exam, about a month before each sitting. This is a two-day course which focuses on exam technique. It is suitable for people who have completed a Masters course or equivalent basic learning.
The courses in England for the June 2017 sitting have come and gone. Next courses will be end Nov or early Dec; dates posted in August and booking will open 1 September.
There is a course in Hong Kong May 22nd – 25th 2017.
How to apply:
England: Send me an email at the above address on or after 1 September 2017, stating when you plan to sit the exam. NB You must do this yourself – you can’t get someone else to do it for you.
Hong Kong: contact the Hong Kong College of Community Medicine
Downloads and other stuff:
1. Click here for the course handout including tips on technique.
2. This is the full text version, which is fully referenced with hyperlinks for you to follow up matters of interest. To read before or after but this is NOT what you need on the course. If you do download this please send me some feedback on what needs updating / expanding etc.
3. I run a weekly blog of interesting papers in journals.
4. Other bits and bobs for the exam include three examples of ‘strengths and weaknesses’ for Paper IIA (updated March 2017). The management syllabus is tricky for most people and not well covered in the textbooks, so I have written some 500 word answers under exam conditions on many of the items in the management syllabus. This download shows how to work examples into your answers.
5. I’ve posted some videos on YouTube (search ‘edmundjessop’) showing how to calculate chi square and 95% confidence intervals (for a proportion and for an SMR).
6. If you want to try a complete mock exam, Bayad Nozad offers practice questions here: http://assessment.medicalisuk.co.uk/crm/Users/login