The best way to contact me is by email: Edmund.email@example.com
PREPARING FOR THE PART A EXAMINATION OF THE FACULTY OF PUBLIC HEALTH (MFPH)
I run a revision course for the Part A exam, about a month before each sitting. This is a two-day course which focuses on exam technique. It is suitable for people who have completed a Masters course or equivalent basic learning.
Next courses in England:
November 16th /17th in Lancaster (Jessop and Isba double act) and
December 11th /12th in Winchester (Jessop solo act).
Booking opens 1 September.
How to apply:
England: Send me an email at the above address on or after 1 September 2017, stating when you plan to sit the exam. NB You must do this yourself – you can’t get someone else to do it for you.
Downloads and other stuff:
1. Click here for the course handout including tips on technique.
2. This is the full text version, which is fully referenced with hyperlinks for you to follow up matters of interest. To read before or after but this is NOT what you need on the course. If you do download this please send me some feedback on what needs updating / expanding etc.
3. I run a weekly blog of interesting papers in journals.
5. The management syllabus is tricky for most people and not well covered in the textbooks. I’ve written a short textbook, available here , covering the main theories of management; and I have written some 500 word answers under exam conditions on some of the items in the management syllabus. This download shows how to work examples into your answers.
6. I’ve posted some videos on YouTube (search ‘edmundjessop’) showing how to calculate chi square and 95% confidence intervals (for a proportion and for an SMR).