The best way to contact me is by email: Edmund.firstname.lastname@example.org
PREPARING FOR THE PART A EXAMINATION OF THE FACULTY OF PUBLIC HEALTH (MFPH)
I run a revision course for the Part A exam, about a month before each sitting. This is a two-day course which focuses on exam technique. It is suitable for people who have completed a Masters course or equivalent basic learning.
Next courses in England:
Winchester Apr 10th / 11th
Winchester May 2nd / 3rd
How to apply:
Send me an email at the above address on or after 1st February 2017, stating when you plan to sit the exam. NB You must do this yourself – you can’t get someone else to do it for you.
(Different arrangements apply in Hong Kong.)
1. Click here for the course handout including tips on technique.
2. This is the full text version, which is fully referenced with hyperlinks for you to follow up matters of interest. To read before or after but this is NOT what you need on the course. If you do download this please send me some feedback on what needs updating / expanding etc.
3. I run a weekly blog of interesting papers in journals.
4. Other bits and bobs for the exam include three examples of ‘strengths and weaknesses’ for Paper IIA. The management syllabus is tricky for most people and not well covered in the textbooks, so I have written some 500 word answers under exam conditions on many of the items in the management syllabus. This download shows how to work examples into your answers.
5. If you want to try a complete mock exam, Bayad Nozad offers practice questions here: http://assessment.medicalisuk.co.uk/crm/Users/login